Re: [css-grid] grid shorthand and grid-auto-rows/cols

On Sun, Feb 28, 2016 at 11:24 AM, fantasai
<fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
> I was just thinking about things like
>
>   grid: 1fr auto 300px / 1fr;
>
> It would make sense to me if that lone <track-size> were also copied
> into 'grid-auto-rows', so that as you add auto-placed rows, they have
> the same sizing function.

I don't think it's appropriate to overload it in this way.  Specifying
a single track does not semantically indicate that you intend to have
implicit tracks, nor that they should use the same sizing function.
Adding a second track should not break a grid that is relying on the
implicit tracks to be sized a certain way.