Re: Allow auto-resize on iframe

> On 23Feb, 2016, at 04:37, Craig Francis <craig.francis@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Just to add to this (again, going a bit off topic, please feel free to ignore)....
>
> [snip]
>
> And I personally don't see myself using ResizeObserver, as it will take a very long time for it to be implemented, and I can't see how it will make any improvements over my current JavaScript "solution", which at least supports legacy browsers.
>
> Craig

Again, completely agreed with Craig. I’m not quite sure how this convoluted ResizeObserver solution is better than what we currently have, given that it's also same origin (or did I misunderstand?).

Good thinking re:general APIs first and shortcuts later, but there *is* such a thing as too much generalization. Let's not turn the Web platform into Java, please.

Also not sure what is meant by `// inside the frame` in the code sample. Is this code supposed to be called from inside the iframe? In that case, it doesn't solve the overwhelming majority of use cases for this, where the parent wants to resize the iframe and the iframe has no idea.

~Lea