Re: [mediaqueries] status and moving forward

On Fri, Feb 5, 2016 at 6:39 PM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
> Overall, the spec looks really good. I think we should take a cut of
> it and ship Level 4 with everything that we're sure is stable, since
> I think that's probably a lot of it. I just raised a few issues, but
> they should be straightforward to solve imho, being mostly syntactic.
> I say let's solve those, fill out 2.5. Combining Media Features, and
> publish an LCWD.
>
> Stuff I vaguely remember (or are noted in the draft) as not being
> 100% sorted as to whether they're the right approach:
>   - light-level
>   - inverted-colors
>   - custom MQ
>
> These I think should be deferred to Level 4 so as not to hold up the
> rest of the features, some of which are desperately needed (like
> pointer and hover). And of course we should continue to actively
> work on them, and fold in the prefer-* stuff that's quite closely
> related, use case wise, to the first two.

We should definitively cut custom MQ from this level.

I think inverted-colors is fine. It's simple, and addresses a
realistic need presented in iOS devices.

What problem do you have with light-level?  Aside from the "should we
also map a11y concerns to this", I think the feature itself is 100%
stable and well-designed.