Re: [css-text-decor]: text-shadow should also apply to replaced content, like semi-transparent images

On 01/28/2015 06:31 PM, Axel Dahmen wrote:
> Since box-shadow doesn't apply to content but only to boxes, whereas text-shadow applies to the content itself, I suggest to
> amend the text-shadow property specification to have this property also apply to inline replaced content, e.g.
> semi-transparent images, like PNG images with transparent areas.

While this does seem to make a lot of sense in many cases,
it's probably too late to make such a change, as 'text-shadow'
has been in-use with its current semantics for a fairly long
time now. I'd be afraid that content out there would be
depending on it not applying.

The other consideration of course is that it is called
`text-shadow`, and images are not, generally-speaking,
text. :)

~fantasai