Re: [css-text] I18N-ISSUE-334: 'letter-spacing' and Indic

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 19:57:26 -0700
To: www-style@w3.org, 'WWW International' <www-international@w3.org>
On 10/23/2014 03:03 AM, Richard Ishida wrote:

> We suggest however, in view of current implementations of letter-spacing[1], the addition of a short note near the top of the
> letter-spacing section to remind implementers that "typographic charactere units" are not glyphs.

Given current implementations are based on earlier specs like
CSS2.1 and my impression that “typographic character unit”
is sufficiently scary that an implementer reading *this* spec
will want to look it up, I think this reminder is not really
necessary here, and I would therefore prefer not to add it. :)

~fantasai