Re: Test assertions requirement

From: r12a <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 17:47:19 +0100
To: Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net>, Geoffrey Sneddon <me@gsnedders.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
On 16/08/2016 07:57, Florian Rivoal wrote:
> if others insists we drop it (back?) from must to should, I guess I can begrudgingly agree...

i don't think i would.  I thought i recently read that a decision was
taken to keep keep assertions, but i can't remember where.  Maybe PLH knows?

the optional in the documentation dates, i think, from the beginning,
and therefore substantially predates any recent discussions.  I wouldn't
take it prima facie as evidence that a decision was taken to make
assertions optional.

ri