Re: [css-selectors] :focus and :checked

From: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2016 15:51:00 -0700
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>, Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net>, Brian Kardell <bkardell@gmail.com>
To: Amelia Bellamy-Royds <amelia.bellamy.royds@gmail.com>

> On Aug 6, 2016, at 3:27 PM, Amelia Bellamy-Royds <amelia.bellamy.royds@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Labels and form elements are defined in HTML, so that's the natural place to define what makes an element match a given selector.  CSS Selectors (https://drafts.csswg.org/selectors-4/#input-pseudos <https://drafts.csswg.org/selectors-4/#input-pseudos>) specifically states that the details of which elements match which state are host-language dependent.

I saw where it says "What constitutes an enabled state, a disabled state, and a user interface element is host-language-dependent” in the section you linked. I didn’t see anything specifically about that with regard to the checked state, or what makes :checked special compared to hover and :active and transitively :focus. What am I missing?

And anyway, Selectors 4 is a draft, which we are free to change.