Re: [css-flexbox] abspos & align-self: stretch

On 03/30/2015 12:33 PM, Christian Biesinger wrote:
> Thanks, I'll do the same. I was wondering if I should stretch it
> anyway even though it doesn't technically participate in flex layout.
> baseline is also the same as flex-start, I assume.

Greg is right, it just gets treated as flex-start. Here's the
spec text:

   # The static position of an absolutely-positioned child
   # of a flex container is determined such that the child
   # is positioned as if it were the sole flex item in the
   # flex container, assuming both the child and the flex
   # container were fixed-size boxes of their used size.

If the child is a fixed-size box, then stretch degrades to
flex-start.

> Would be nice if the spec was a bit more explicit about it!

Agreed. :) We're updating the note about "static position
rectangle" to help clarify the mental model here. (It's
currently got no referrants, so something went missing at
some point somewhere.) Also adding a note pointing out how
'stretch' falls back to 'flex-start'.

~fantasai