Re: New CSS declaration for width and height

> On Apr 12, 2016, at 12:47 PM, Giovanna Ruiu <giovannaruiu6@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Good morning,
>
> I am Giovanna, a Front End Developer from London.
>
> I would like to suggest a new CSS declarations to use in case you have to specify width and height, and these two must be exactly the same.
>
> For example, when you cannot leave either width or height to auto, and have to specify for both exactly the same value.
>
> It would be handy to have a declaration such as ¡°size: 100px¡± which would mean ¡°width - height: 100px¡±.
>
> Even if by using variables we would have to change only that once, I think this little line could be of use in many cases and would certainly save one line of code, which is always good.
>
> The web is full of squares and I think developers would benefit from having this little declaration ready to use.
>
> Hopefully you will take this into consideration, thank you!

I think this is not a bad idea. 'size' could be a 2-value shorthand for width and height, where giving a single value is the same as giving the same value twice. So 'size: 100px' would be the same as 'size: 100px 100px', which would be the same as 'width:100px; height:100px'.