Re: Towards a better testsuite: Build System

From: Geoffrey Sneddon <me@gsnedders.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 05:47:06 +0100
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, "Linss, Peter" <peter.linss@hp.com>
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>, "public-css-testsuite@w3.org" <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>
On Fri, Apr 8, 2016 at 6:00 PM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
> I don't have much opinion on whether we keep or discard the
> build system, but I don't think in any case that it should
> be necessary in order for people to run or otherwise use the
> tests. Tests are identified by filename, and run just fine
> without the build system, so there's no need to build in the
> general case.

For those who don't read minutes: on the telecon I took ACTION-766 to
essentially discard the build system.

https://bitbucket.org/gsnedders/w3ctestlib/commits/d53d2407c01fc9ce62b68c7256b709c77d4d2a04
achieves this. It'd be great to get this reviewed and landed, Peter,
along with everything else on my fork of w3ctestlib.

/Geoffrey