Re: Towards a better testsuite: Metadata

On 04/13/2016 01:49 PM, Geoffrey Sneddon wrote:

> I think you can't count to three. :)

Caching is a Hard Problem. ;)

> I think everyone is happy to mirror such a directory structure (it is,
> after all, roughly what everyone does today). I don't think it
> requires people who use the tests to mirror the structure more than
> the current situation does—if you want two-way mirroring, you
> essentially have to use what the upstream repo uses anyway.

Sure, but we don't have two-way mirroring yet. We do have one-way
mirroring atm, though, so it'd be nice if that continued to work.

> I don't see how it makes us reliant on a mapping file, though?

If we decide to omit the primary <link>, we'd need a mapping
from directory to spec section.

I suppose we could automate one from the fragment IDs, though.

~fantasai