Re: [css-writing-modes] Behavior of <iframe> in vertical writing mode

On 08/07/2015 05:41 AM, Jonathan Kew wrote:
> On 7/8/15 03:46, fantasai wrote:
>> On 08/06/2015 05:45 AM, Jonathan Kew wrote:
>>> I'm wondering how <iframe>s should be handled when writing-mode is
>>> vertical.
>>> which could easily be read as being applicable to <iframe> content,
>>> unless that content explicitly resets writing-mode to its
>>> initial value. Clarification?
>>
>> Yeah, that needs a clarification. I think it only should apply to
>> inlined replaced content like the examples mentioned, not to content
>> pulled in from another document.
>
> Sounds reasonable; given that other styles don't inherit into
> <iframe>s, it would seem odd for writing-mode to magically do
> so. I expect you can figure out some suitable wording here to
> eliminate the potential confusion.

Proposed wording:

   # The content of replaced elements do not rotate due to the
   # writing mode: images and external content such as from
   # iframes, for example, remain upright, and the default
   # object size of 300px×150px does not re-orient. However
   # embedded replaced content involving text (such as MathML
   # content or form elements) should match the replaced
   # element’s writing mode and line orientation if the UA
   # supports such a vertical writing mode for the replaced
   # content.

Please let me know if that's sufficiently clear, or if you have
any suggestions for improvement.

Thanks~
~fantasai