Re: [css-text] Control Characters Roll Call on implementation

On 10/9/15 21:21, Greg Whitworth wrote:
> One thing of note is that we noticed all
> browsers throw away the C1 control characters during HTML parsing so
> this replacement isn't possible. If the other UAs can confirm this we
> should adjust the language in the text to only change the C0 control
> characters and ensure that your HTML parser is disposing of the C1
> block.

Note that even if the HTML parser disposes of C1 controls, it's still
possible to put them into the document via script.

Therefore, I think it's important for the rendering engine to handle
these properly as well (i.e. render them as hexboxes or similar, rather
than using glyphs from some fallback font that happens to have abused
the codepoints).

JK