Re: Finding elements that are hidden due to overflow: hidden

Hi Tab,

My use case can already be implemented using JavaScript and some existing
properties on elements such as clientLeft and its cousins.

Here's a simplified version of my use case:
http://codepen.io/behrangsa/pen/PPozWj

But I thought it would be nicer if an element had a method that could be
used in such cases.

Regarding what to do with partially visible elements, rather than returning
true/false, the method/property -- for example visibleRect -- can return
the dimensions of the visible part of the element (e.g. x: 0, y: 0, w: 20,
h:10) or (0,0,0,0) if it is not visible at all.

I am not sure if this is technically feasible or not. But AFAIK some games
use various algorithms to determine the visibility of an object in a 3D
space. Or if a bullet fired in a direction will hit a given object or it
will get blocked by an obstacle in front of it. So it seemed to me it
probably should be feasible in HTML/CSS as well.

--
Best regards,
Behrang Saeedzadeh