RE: [css-round-display] Miscellaneous suggestions

On 20 Oct 2015, at 8:52 AM, Adenilson Cavalcanti <a.cavalcanti@samsung.com> wrote:
> While at it, some other suggestions are:
>
> 1)  In section 4.1, in first paragraph, second sentence, it reads:
>
> "However, it *could be sometimes hard* to specify the wrapping area identical (?) to the shape of a display.”
>
> Maybe we could change it to:
> "However, it *can be challenging* to specify the wrapping area *to be* identical to the shape of a display.”
>
> 2) The next sentence is:
> "Thus, we add a new value 'display' to the 'shape-inside' property to facilitate it. When the 'shape-inside' property on an element is set to 'display', its > content (or contained element) is aligned along the display border automatically."
>
> What if we rephrase it to:
> "To address such cases, 'shape-inside' is extended with a new value named 'display', such an element having this value will have its content (or > contained elements) aligned along the display border automatically.”
>
> 3) Past figure 3, there is a paragraph with the following sentence:
> "
> Even though the shape of the rounded display could be described by circle() or ellipse () as <basic-shape>,  'shape-inside: display' is useful that > authors make contents to be aligned with the display edge conveniently.
> In case of complicated shaped displays like curved, stelliform, or polygonal shape, the availability of 'shape-inside: display' is more increased in > comparison with a simple display (e.g. regular rounded display).
> "
>
> I feel could be streamlined to:
> "This property is specially useful for complex shapes (e.g. curved, stelliform, polygonal), that wouldn't be covered by <basic-shape> (i.e. circle() or ellipse(), allowing web authors to conveniently align contents with the display edge.”
>
> 4) In figure 4, there is:
> "Figure 4: Align *a* part of the content along the display border”
>
> Maybe it could just omit the article i.e. "Figure 4: Align part of…".
>

> If you all agree with these changes, I can submit a single merge request with it.

Hi Adenilson Cavalcanti,

Above all, I appreciate your contribution on CSS Round Display. Most of comments seem to be reasonable for us, and I'll follow up the comments after finishing TPAC 2015. If you attend TPAC next week, I hope we could talk about CSS Round Display's various topics.

Thanks
Hyojin