Re: [css-align] implementability of computed value rules for align/justify-self/items

On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 4:07 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
>> I just want to make sure that I actually understand the issue here,
>> and that it's not something new and unique to the Alignment spec that
>> I'm not seeing.
>
> It's not unique, but it's an antipattern if you want this stuff to be able
> to be optimized well, and just because we made a mistake once doesn't mean
> we should make it again.

Right; I'm not averse to fixing it, I'm just making sure I
*understand* it.  When something's been around for a while, and people
just point out problems in the revamped version of it, it's not clear
if the *revamp* caused the problem or if the problem was always there
and they're just now bringing it up.  Sounds like it's the latter, and
that's fine.