Re: [web-animations] Fixing getAnimations()

Why is there a distinction between CSS transitionProperty and CSS
animationName and script based animation id? Why are these three not one
and the same? I do want a way to access all animations vs. a single keyed
accessor. Something like getAnimations() and getAnimationNamed(). But how
about you let getAnimations operate on a NodeList instead of creating
parallel API (like the subtree boolean) to do the same tasks?

document.querySelectorAll(...).getAnimations()

If the user wants to recall animations they should give them a name. Too
many conveniences make an API hard to grasp, when all one needs to do is
loop through and filter.