Re: [css-align] Should 'left'/'right' compute to 'start' also for 'align|justify-items'?

On 11/21/2015 06:30 AM, fantasai wrote:
> I think the best solution here would be to not compute left/right
> to start, but to treat it as start when we're operating in the
> wrong axis.

Seems reasonable to me, please update the CSS Align spec.

Just to confirm I understand you correctly: you're saying that all
specified values containing 'left'/'right' should compute to the
specified value, and that the used value is the computed value
except when the property applies to the block axis in which case
the used value is the computed value with the 'left'/'right'
keyword replaced by 'start'.  And this applies to all align/
justify properties specified in the CSS Align spec.
Correct?

Thanks,
Mats

PS.
Please don't use terms like "treat it as", "behaves as"
or "handled as" because they are extremely vague and have no
no normative definition.  Please use "specified value",
"computed value" and "used value" instead. Thanks!