Re: [css-page-floats] clear, CSS21 values deprecated?

> On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 12:21 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com <mailto:jackalmage@gmail.com>> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 5:46 AM, Johannes Wilm <johannes@fiduswriter.org <mailto:johannes@fiduswriter.org>> wrote:
> > Also, I am somewhat unsure whether the page floats spec should cover all of
> > the behavior of inline floats. At least they need to be mentioned for some
> > things, as the property names and many of the values are the same.
>
> As part of the general policy of shifting topics out of 2.1 into
> modules, we do need a Floats module, and the Page Floats module deals
> with enough of this that it probably makes sense to include it in
> there, rather than building it off of a separate Inline Floats spec.

> On Nov 8, 2015, at 8:57 AM, Johannes Wilm <johannes@fiduswriter.org> wrote:
>
> @Yes: I have now included both in the latest draft. It is only a brief piece of prose so far. if we are going to to move everything about inline floats into the same spec, then we should go through everything related to inline floats and make sure it's all there in sufficient detail.
>
> @Tab: Ok, I would agree. However, there are the concerns stated by Brad that page floats should use another property and possibly have another name, because they build on top of Exclusions.
>
> If we do go ahead and say that this spec should cover all the different ways of using the float property, then maybe we should call it something else than CSS Page Floats?

CSS Floats Level 3?

To include update version of Visuren description of floats, with inline start and end. And to include what I would call exclusion stacking (page floats are no longer about just pages), which could be described as similar to floats.