Re: [css-logical-properties] the 'inline-{start,end}' values for 'float' and 'clear'

On Nov 4, 2015, at 1:48 PM, Johannes Wilm <johanneswilm@vivliostyle.com> wrote:

>> Probably "float: none start; height: 100%;".
>
> So the "none" is for the block direction.

Horizontal or inline direction should comes first in two-value direction based property values, for consistency with existing values and being Western-centric. So it should be "float: start start; height: 100%;" if you want it along the inline-start edge.

> What if it is "height: 80%"? Will it leave the remaining 20% at the block start or at the block end?
>
> Or will it depend on the placement of the float anchor?

I'd do "float: start start; height: 80%;" if you want the extra 20% at the block end, and "float: start end; height: 80%;" if you want the extra 20% at the block start.