Re: [css-page-floats] block-start/end and left/right values

On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 10:21 AM, Johannes Wilm <
johanneswilm@vivliostyle.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 7:51 AM, Shinyu Murakami <murakami@vivliostyle.com
> > wrote:

[...]

> I think the left/right value should be treated as line-left and
>> line-right, as described in Writing Modes, when the float is not a
>> page(column/region) float.
>>

> Indeed, I agree.
>
> But what about page/column/region floats? Should they be entirely
> unaffected by this?

Ok, fantasai explained that this should only affect inline floats, as
directions for elements that only can move in one dimension are handled
somewhat differently than those that can move in two dimensions.

I've tried to add this change here:
https://github.com/johanneswilm/csswg-drafts/commit/19f59d1ad794b20d1ed15c38f71e6c8e35c5cdc9

This should also clarify the position of the float anchor more clearly.