Re: [css-counter-styles] Allow impls to extend range of hebrew

On 05/06/2015 11:31 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Sun, May 3, 2015 at 1:01 AM, Simon Montagu <smontagu@smontagu.org> wrote:
>> No, the numbering system just gets more and more unwieldy, and more
>> liable to ambiguity because of the lack of a zero symbol, as the numbers
>> get higher. Its a judgment call at what exact point it becomes unusable.
>
> Wait, how do you go past 999,999?  I'm using the geresh system right
> now, where the thousands digits are the same as the ones digits except
> with a geresh, etc.  Do you add multiple geresh or something to go
> higher, or what?
>
> ~TJ

The honest answer? You make something up. Either a geresh after each
group, or multiple g'rashim (plural of geresh), or dots (extending to
double and triple dots) above the letters, or stick in words for
thousand/myriad/million as in Hixie's old draft. There just aren't
enough examples of usage around to say anything normative.