Re: [css-align][css-flexbox] Should 'justify-content: stretch' compute to or behave like 'start'?

On 05/05/2015 05:31 PM, fantasai wrote:
>> All things being equal, I'd suggest erring on the side of simplicity
>> (avoiding inter-property dependencies) -- so, I'd lean towards your
>> second option, i.e. having stretch compute to itself, and simply
>> interpret the value differently for flex containers.
>
> We currently have the 'auto' values in css-align compute differently
> depending on the layout mode... that would be an argument for changing
> that behavior, too?

Sort of -- though, as you noted later, there's a semi-compelling reason
that 'auto' needs to be magical & compute to different things: to
provide different sane defaults, w/ backwards-compatibility. Whereas,
there's no strong reason that 'stretch' needs this computed-value-time
magic.

(I suppose if we take this complexity for 'auto', then it's not
significantly worse to take it for 'stretch' as well, though.)

~Daniel