Re: Font MIME types

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 7:04 PM, Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org> wrote:
> The appendix is here
> http://www.w3.org/TR/WOFF2/#IMT
>
> On the call, Tab pointed out that for your purposes you would also
> want the historically used application/* types (both those registered,
> like TrueDoc PFR, and those used but not registered).
>
> If that appendix is an acceptable location for the list, a new section
> on historical and unregistered types could be added to list them.

That seems fine to me. Ideally I would prefer an enumerated list of
just the "font MIME types" since that is what eventually needs to end
up in code. Do I need to follow up with anyone or is that already
being done?

> On the call, CS WG decided to delegate the issue to WebFonts WG and
> to declare it out of scope for CSS WG. Which is fine, as @font-face
> makes no use of the internet media Type for font loading and we don't
> plan to change that; the format descriptor remains authoritative.

Well, once CSS finally starts using Fetch to load resources @font-face
would have its MIME types enforced for responses that carry the
before that day comes.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/