Re: [mediaqueries] Trying to understand the syntax design

> On 05 May 2015, at 08:59, Lucas Wiener <lucas@wiener.se> wrote:
>
> Okay thank you both for the explanation.
>
> Do you know if there are any sources that I could cite regarding this?

The 1996 REC for CSS1 says:

"old UAs will ignore the 'STYLE' element, but its content will be
treated as part of the document body, and rendered as such.
During a transition phase, 'STYLE' element content may be
hidden using SGML comments"

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS1-961217#containment-in-html <http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS1-961217#containment-in-html>

If it was only a problem with UAs considered old in 1996, I think
it's fair to say we should be safe by now :)

 - Florian