Re: [css-counter-styles] Allow impls to extend range of hebrew

On 04/21/2015 01:44 AM, Richard Ishida wrote:
> On 21/04/2015 08:56, Simon Montagu wrote:
>>> I bring this up because I see a testcase which tests 20000/20001 fails

>> I agree that the implication in the test that Hebrew counter style must
>> only be implemented up to a fixed ceiling is problematical.
>

> the test currently reflects what the spec says. If the spec is changed,
> then the test can be changed too.

The CSSWG resolved to allow implementations to implement past the ceiling
(but must implement up to the ceiling, of course, and must use the fallback
style for whatever happens after the UA's own ceiling).

So that means the test needs to allow two different renderings: one with
the fallback, one with a correct Hebrew numeric representation. (CSSWG
reftests can express this requirement by linking to two separate references.)

Simon, is there any number that is definitively past the limits of the
numbering system?

~fantasai