Re: [mediaqueries] reevaluating media queries when the environment changes

> On 26 Mar 2015, at 20:21, Belov, Charles <Charles.Belov@sfmta.com> wrote:
>
> Does the case of failure of mobile browsers to reflow text in the case of spread-zoom-in fall under this issue? Or is that just failure of websites to use a max-width of the viewport width in their style sheets?
>
> A presumable text test would be that I would expect a reflow in the case of the following CSS:
>
> p, th, td, li {
>           max-width: 100vw;
> }

If by spread-zoom you mean what is commonly called pinch-zoom (like this http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cc/Pinch_zoom.png), then
no, that is not a violation of this rule. Pinch zoom works essentially as
a magnifying glass, and does not affect layout or trigger media queries.

To make things fit in the screen on a mobile browser, you need to use
the meta viewport, or its css alternative, @viewport. You can read up
about it here:

https://dev.opera.com/articles/an-introduction-to-meta-viewport-and-viewport/

 - Florian