Re: [mediaqueries] Excluding '!' and ';' in <general-enclosed>?

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 4:47 PM, Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@exyr.org> wrote:
> On 23/03/15 21:22, Florian Rivoal wrote:
>>
>> Tab's the one how added this, so I'll let him answer as to whether
>> there's a justification for B and C in this context.
>>
>> As for me, I would much rather avoid accepting different syntaxes in
>> @support and @media, so we should have a single definition of general
>> enclosed (in css-conditional?) and have both specs use it.
>>
>> If there is actually a reason for these two to be different, then we
>> should use a different name than general enclosed for one of them.
>

> I don’t think there is a reason. The main difference is that @supports is
> based on CSS 2 chapter 4, whereas MQ4 is based on CSS Syntax 3.

Yup, that's it. The change isn't intentional, it just falls out of the
the easiest way to define it in each of the two grammar forms.

I could rename <any-value> to <property-value> and make a new
<any-value> that is less restrictive, if you think it's valuable.