Re: [css-grid] How to resolve lines for absolutely positioned grid items

Hi Mats,

On 24/03/15 19:58, Mats Palmgren wrote:
> I'm implementing Grid layout for Gecko and I have a few questions
> on how lines should be resolved for abs.pos. grid items.
> (I'm including a full example inline at the bottom)

We had similar questions in the past while implementing this for Blink
and WebKit. However, the issues hasn't been resolved yet. They're
summarized in the following mail:
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2015Jan/0092.html

> Q2. what is the end line for "grid-column: auto / span A" ?
> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-grid/#grid-placement-errors
> third paragraph says it should be treated as "span 1"
> which seems undesirable for abs.pos. grid items.
>
> (I would like the answer to cover both when line A exists
> and when it doesn't exist.)

Maybe, previous thread doesn't cover this question.

Bye,
  Rego