Re: [css-tables][css2.1] What should the measurement of the table be?

On 3/24/15 1:22 PM, Greg Whitworth wrote:
>> and backgrounds paint under padding.  You need "background-clip:
> content-box" too.
>
> Great point, so I added a border edge of the padding box is: http://jsbin.com/suhemisafe/1/edit

I don't see how that helps, if you're trying to determine the size of
the _content_ box.

>> That said, you're correct about what Gecko actually does right now: Once layout on the row is complete (the timing here is important to understand what's going in in the testcases) it goes and stretches the content box of the cells instead of adding padding to them.
>
> That and the resolution of the percentages which I think is actually causing the confusion on the interop in this scenario.

The resolution of percentages happens during layout of the row, so
before this final stretch-to-fit-the-row bit.

> We're getting there :)

Maybe.  For now we have a spec that's probably not web-compatible,
implementations that are neither compatible with each other nor the
spec, and no clear indication of what the spec _should_ look like around
this stuff.

-Boris