Re: [mediaqueries] @media screen and (foo) or (baz)

On 23/03/15 20:54, Florian Rivoal wrote:
> Since the intention is for media types to be phased out, you should
> not run into this case too often.

> And when the media type is omitted, I wouldn't want to have mandatory
> parentheses, nor would I want them when the media type is followed by
> a media condition made of a single media feature (and that wouldn't
> be backwards compatible anyway).

I’m not suggesting requiring parentheses in any of these cases, only is
cases (the one case, really) that are ambiguous modulo precedence of
'or' v.s. 'and'.

> If you think it is worth special casing the grammar for dealing with
> the limited case that remains once you've removed that, I am not
> really opposed to it.

I don’t have a strong opinion, but since the grammar seemed to be have
been designed to avoid this kind of ambiguity, I just wanted to bring up
this corner case that might have been unintentional.

--
Simon Sapin