Re: [mediaqueries] @media screen and (foo) or (baz)

On 3/23/15 2:26 PM, Simon Sapin wrote:
> On 23/03/15 18:56, Henrik Andersson wrote:
>> Given that or traditionally has lower predecease than and, it's
>> certainly confusing.
>
> It does? I thought it more common for these operators to have the same
> precedence and be left-associative.

C, C++, Java, Go, JavaScript (I claim "C-inspired" here): && has higher
precedence than ||

Python: "and" has higher precedence than "or".

Perl: "and" has higher precedence than "or".

Lisps: no weird precedence rules needed.  ;)

Haskell: && has higher precedence than ||.

FORTRAN: Afaict, .AND./& has higher precedence than .OR./|

Spreadsheets: typically AND and OR are functions, not operators.

Visual Basic: And has higher precedence than Or.

COBOL: AND has higher precedence than OR.

Pascal: and has higher precedence than or.

PHP: && has higher precedence than ||.

Awk: && has higher precedence than ||.

Mathematica: Afaict, && has higher precedence than ||.

OCaml: && has higher precedence than ||.

The only case I can think of offhand that I'm familiar with where
boolean "and" has the same precedence as boolean "or" is Unix shell job
control, where && and || are in fact equal precedence and left-associative.

-Boris

Source: http://rosettacode.org/wiki/Operator_precedence mostly.