Re: [css-tables][css2.1] What should the measurement of the table be?

>>> here. Here is the testcase: http://jsbin.com/yutipulode/1/
>>> edit?html,css,output
>>>

> While fixing the rendering of table 2 on Blink I encountered a
> regression
> in the following test case:
>
> http://jsbin.com/cifoqapuho/1/edit

Your test *has to avoid* code scenarios where the spec says
- "free to make a guess"
- "does not define"
- "undefined"
- "not defined"
- "not specified"
- "unknown"
- etc.

"
CSS 2.1 does not define how extra space is distributed when the 'height'
property causes the table to be taller than it otherwise would be.
(...)
CSS 2.1 does not define how the height of table cells and table rows is
calculated when their height is specified using percentage values.
"

These 2 sentences affect your test, I'd say.

In your test, because the table only has 1 row and 1 single cell, the
single cell is constrained to honor the 100% height declaration on the
table element, the cell height has to increase dramatically.

Another thing we realized when reviewing CSS2.1 tests on tables is that
tests involving a table having only 1 single row with only 1 single cell
is often unreliable and not trustworthy for checking compliance. The
very minimum for testing tables, I think, is 2 rows with 2 cells each;
normal, more reliable and trustworthy is 3 rows with 3 cells each.

-----

By the way, I heard no comment, saw no feedback about my claim that
webkit had a bug in

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2015Mar/0108.html

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2015Mar/0109.html

Gérard