Re: Baseline of inline-block elements

On 3/19/15 12:46 AM, Myles C. Maxfield wrote:
> Therefore, we propose changing the language of this rule to:
> "The baseline of an 'inline-block’ whose ‘overflow’ property has a
> computed value of ‘visible’ is the baseline of its last line box in the
> normal flow, unless it has no in-flow line boxes, in which case the
> baseline is the bottom margin edge. The baseline of an inline-block
> whose ‘overflow’ property has a computed value not equal to ‘visible’ is
> the higher of either its bottom margin edge or the baseline of its last
> line box in the normal flow, unless it has no in-flow line boxes, in
> which case its baseline is the baseline is the bottom margin edge.”

You at least need some verbiage about initial scroll position or
something, since the baseline of the last line box in the normal flow
changes position as the block is scrolled, right?  We don't want that
changing the baseline of the inline-block.

Past that, this might be ok.  I'm not seeing any obvious discontinuities
in this proposal at the "block just starts to overflow" point, which is
good.

-Boris