Re: [css-fonts] What does font-size-adjust for '0' look like?

Le 2015-03-18 04:22, ChangSeok Oh a écrit :
> Hi Everyone.
> I have a simple question on font-size-adjust. [1]
> According to the spec. font-size-adjust can have ‘none’ or <number>
> for its value.
> BTW what is expected to look like where font-size-adjust is ‘0’? I
> checked Gecko(which is the only vendor supporting for the property
> now) treated it as ‘none’.
> Does it make sense? As my reading, font-size-adjust represents an
> aspect value (x-height / font-size) of a font.
> So ‘0’ might mean x-height is 0 or equivalent very small value here.
> Thus It should be same effect with 'font-size = 0px’

ChangSeok Oh,

Yes, it should be same effect with 'font-size = 0px’. I agree with your
reasoning. The spec editor, John Daggett, should probably be notified of
this.
0 would have to mean a 0px font-size.
Negative values are illegal and ignored.
Percentage values are ignored.
'auto' value must be ignored.
We could create 4 additional tests in

http://test.csswg.org/suites/css3-fonts/nightly-unstable/html/chapter-3.htm#s3.6

testing those 4 case scenarios.

> I’d like to clarify this before landing a relevant patch for blink [2]
>
> Best regards.
>
> [1] http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-fonts/#propdef-font-size-adjust
> <http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-fonts/#propdef-font-size-adjust>
> [2] https://codereview.chromium.org/983073002/#msg23
> <https://codereview.chromium.org/983073002/#msg23>
> ChangSeok

ChangSeok,

I have added a comment in

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/CSS3Fonts/font-size-adjust-001.html

so that you can use my test, so that you can include it in your patch.

Gérard