Re: Threshold for fast profile?

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 3:07 PM, Zach Saucier <zachsaucier@gmail.com> wrote:
> The CSS Selector 4 doc specifies :has() as the only selector to not be a
> part of the fast profile. Currently, at what threshold is this determined
> and how is this tested?

Zach, see https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2015Mar/0066.html
for a discussion on this, specifically david's

" dbaron: What makes the selector slow is what needs to be done to
          handle a dynamic change. If you do a DOM mutation here,
          where do you need to reevaluate and can you reasonably
          track that.
"

The minutes are much shorter than what he said which I think was spot
on and someone (david or boris z would be my pref) should do a post on
this as I think it will inevitably keep coming up.