RE: Text Overflow With ...

Simon Ferndriger schreef op 4-3-2015 om 13:40:
> A really great CSS enhancement would be, if I could tell a specific
> tag, to cut the containing text to its maximal width and add 3 dots at
> the end.
>
> [...]
>
> if I could set the following CSS:
> var {
>   text-overflow:cut;
>   text-overflow-after:'...';
>   /* or any similar syntax */
> }
>

> Sounds like something that can currently be achieved with http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-ui-3/#propdef-text-overflow (with a max-width and perhaps display:inline-blck).

Yes, this is actually a major undertaking that Florian (added in the To line) is trying to tackle. It isn't just about adding an ellipse or being able to control what content is visible but also the event model and how to fragment this properly. I do believe that the overflow and the fragment specs are the best ones to pay attention to regarding these changes, is that correct Florian?

Greg