Re: [css3-background] border-image dependancies on border-style and border-width

On 02/28/2015 07:22 PM, Brad Kemper wrote:

> P.S. I think it is kind of unfortunate that having 'border-style:none' changes the computed value of border-width to 0,
> regardless of what the author sets, since I think that is why border-style has to be explicitly set in order for
> 'border-image-width:[number]' to work. But I imagine it is way too late to change that. But could we have border-image-width
> use the cascaded value of border-width instead of the computed value?

Well, we could make the computed value be its specified value and
the used value be zero, but I'm not sure if that's a Web-compatible
change. Not sure how to evaluate that either, other than to implement
it and see what breaks...

~fantasai