Re: Zoom use case

> On Jun 12, 2015, at 11:17 PM, Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com> wrote:
>

>> On May 29, 2015, at 1:11 AM, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> A non-layout-affecting zoom is just a scale, tho, right?
>>
>> Pretty much, except unlike with transforms, descendants could be different scales with an absolute scale factor, such as 'zoom:1' to get normal specified size/resolution.
>
> That sounds like you believe that the zoom property on a descendant can counter the computed value of a ancestor:

> However, the zoom level does not reset the zoom to ¡°100%¡± for the 2nd div here. Both are 400px wide and height. Visually, zoom behaves like transform: scale(¡­);
>
> Greetings,
> Dirk

I didn't realize there was an actual draft that defined that. But you're right: What I'm looking for is something inheritable that can double the number of hardware pixels per 'px' used in each dimension for each 'zoom' level multiplier (it doesn't have to be called 'zoom' or have anything to do with existing zoom implementations). But if set to '1', it would revert to normal pixel resolution.

I thought 'zoom' worked like that; I stand corrected.