Re: [css-transforms] Why doesn't perspective-origin just use <position>?

> On Apr 8, 2015, at 4:37 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The 'perspective-origin' property specifies a point in a 2d box.  Why
> isn't its grammar just using the <position> production?  It looks like
> it's reusing the 'transform-origin' grammar, but without the 3rd
> coordinate.
>
> <position> is complicated enough that it's annoying to parse a grammar
> near it to figure out what's different/excluded.

I don’t know of a specific reason why we don’t use <position> on perspective-origin.

It looks like Gecko parses it the same way as transform-origin but without the z coordinate.
WebKit and Blink use a special function just for perspective-origin. Both can probably use <position>.

Would implementations be willing to change?

Greetings,
Dirk