Re: [css-round-display] comments on CSS round

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for your interests and support for the CSS Round Display.
Please find the inline comments.

I've also replied the comments to your thread in the specification.org site.

Thanks
Hyojin Song

On Thu, June 4, 2015 at 12:10 AM, Jonathan Kingston <jonathan@jooped.com>
Wrote:

> With new devices popping up all over now with different screens of shapes
> and sizes would it make more sense for these changes to have further
> clarity around different display shapes?
>
> For example there are half moon shaped watches, oblong screens and also VR
> headsets which use different shapes.
>
> Issues for different screen shapes
>
>    - No media queries for the different device profiles
>    - Display is defined as circle(50% at 50%, 50%) in a regular round
>    display further clarity would be needed around display shape.
>    - Polar position doesn't always apply here
>    - Some form of CSSOM shape interface for JavaScript would likely be
>    needed.

What you mention is very reasonable thing, and I will also consider the issues.

> Issues
>
>    - Code example issue in Example 4
>
> #container { #shape-inside: display; // the same as circle(50% at 50%, 50%)
> in a regular round display }
>
> This should likely just be shape-inside: display; without the #.

The issue you indicated is exactly right, and I've already modified the issue about a month ago. I think you have an eye like a hawk :) Even though I reviewed the spec with deliberation, I didn't catch the error.

>    - The Example 6 code is likely the wrong way around:

> id="circle2" style="polar-angle: 90deg; polar-distance: 50%"></div>
>
> Polar distance should be swapped to be:

> div id="circle2" style="polar-angle: 90deg; polar-distance: 20%"></div>
>
> To match the image provided.

I think it depends on where is the major axis, and it is normally the right direction as the 0 degree.
You can find the background materials in the wiki page as follows.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polar_coordinate_system
If I miss something, let me know through this mailing list.

> I also thing due to the form factor of the device hit-testing becomes a far
> more important issue:
> http://discourse.specifiction.org/t/interactive-area-and-shape-outside/499

I will review the issue soon.

> This was copied from the original thread at the request of Florian:
> http://discourse.specifiction.org/t/css-round-display/790/3

Thanks Florian :)