Re: [css-variables] Why we can not use 'var()' function for normal property

On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 12:30 PM, François REMY
<francois.remy.dev@outlook.com> wrote:
> I'm just going to point out this is a false problem. I already proved a
> perfectly fine solution to this problem existed, which had no
> evaluation-order dependency, and which could be executed in parallel like a
> charm. I even provided an implementation and a complete demo for people to
> try out. This was three years ago.

There is no solution to this problem that doesn't break pages as we
update the language and add new implicit dependencies between
properties.  This is an unsolvable problem.

~TJ