Re: [CSSWG] Minutes New York F2F 2015-05-19 Part II: text-decoration-skip, Box Percent Sizing

On 06/01/2015 08:35 PM, fantasai wrote:
> On 06/01/2015 03:29 PM, Mats Palmgren wrote:
>> On 05/30/2015 01:23 AM, Dael Jackson wrote:
>>>    - RESOLVED: Flexbox top/bottom margins and padding resolve against
>>>                height.
>>
>> Does that also apply to abs.pos. boxes that have
>> a flex/grid container as their containing block?
>
> No, the resolution only applies to in-flow items.
>
> Should we raise a separate issue on abspos items?

Yes, please.  In light of the resolution above I think it would
be good if the CSSWG made a conscious decision on abspos "items"
and that the flexbox/grid specs are updated to explicitly say how
to resolve these percentages to avoid any ambiguity. (for the
grid spec, a note in 10.1 seems sufficient)

Thanks,
Mats