Re: [css-align][css-flexbox] Does justify-items apply to flex containers ?

On 07/27/2015 08:02 AM, Javier Fernandez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't understand why the justify-items property applies to flex
> containers, as specified in the table [1] while justify-self does not
> apply to flex items [2]
[...]
> [1] https://drafts.csswg.org/css-align/#justify-items-property
> [2] https://drafts.csswg.org/css-align/#justify-self-property

Yeah, I think [1] is a bug.  "justify-items" should *not* be marked as
applying to flex containers.

See also this thread from February of this year...
 https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2015Feb/0304.html
...where Tab confirms that (a) justify-items is simply a convenience
property to influence justify-self on a container's items, and (b)
justify-self doesn't apply to flex items. So based on (a) and (b), we
can conclude that justify-items shouldn't apply to flex containers, and
your spec-link labeled as [1] needs fixing.

~Daniel