Re: [css-shapes] Purpose of fill-rule not specified

On 7/23/15, 8:17 AM, "Tom Potts" <karaken12@gmail.com> wrote:

>Okay, that makes sense, although I think you need a note to be clear that
>the shape used in shape-outside is calculated as if nonzero was specified,
> otherwise it starts to look inconsistent when you consider the effect of
>infinitely thin spurs. (See this demo
><http://codepen.io/karaken12/pen/bdmbwg?editors=110> to
> see what I mean.)

I agree the inconsistency is weird. We should probably have the same
behavior for both cases, and I don’t have a strong preference for either
behavior. Do you have an argument for one over the other?

>Was there any particular reason for choosing this behaviour, by the way?
>As I mentioned, it wasn't what I expected on reading the spec, but I
>can't find any discussion as to why it works this way.

I don’t see where this ever came up on the list, so it’s likely my fault
for not forwarding on some implementation discussion.