Re: [css-align][css-grid] Which property activates Baseline Self-Alignment for grid items ?

On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 7:37 AM, Javier Fernandez <jfernandez@igalia.com> wrote:
> hi all,
>
> CSS Box Alignment specification states the following, regarding Baseline
> Self Alignment and grid items:
>
> "A grid item participates in first (last) baseline self-alignment in
> either its row or column (whichever matches its inline axis) if its
> justify-self or align-self property (whichever matches its inline axis)
> computes to baseline (last-baseline)."
>
> Considering both container and item have TOP-BOTTOM block-axis and LTR
> inline-axis,  I understand that justify-self would be the property
> handling Baseline alignment for items participating from each grid row
> track.
>
> However, if I understood it correctly, align-self would be the property
> to perform such action in case of Flexbox items. If this is the case,
> isn't a bit confusing ? I'd expect to use also align-self for Baseline
> alignment in the row axis, since what we do is adding vertical margins
> to the items belonging to the  baseline shared group.

Yeah, align-self is the correct answer.  When we updated the text for
Baseline Content-Alignment, we forgot to update the corresponding text
for Baseline Self-Alignment.  It now says "(whichever affects its
block axis)", as intended.