Re: [css-gcpm][css-break][css-pseudo] Generated content at page breaks

On 04/07/2015 06:35 AM, Sanders Kleinfeld wrote:
> I work at a publisher that uses CSS Paged Media to produce print
> books, and one use case that comes up occasionally (depending on the
> book design) is the ability to insert generated content at the
> location of page breaks. For example, we'll have a sidebar with a
> border drawn around it whose content spans a pagebreak, e.g:

Hi Sanders!
We're aware of the need for something like this, and Florian Rivoal
has been working on some ideas for it. It's a bit of a complicated
feature to design, however, so it might be awhile until we have
something solid. Thanks for the specific use cases, though! I'm sure
they will be helpful as we try to figure out exactly how this will
all work. :)

~fantasai