RE: [css-round-display][css-background-3] My thoughts on CSS Round Display

On 02 Jul 2015 10:22 AM, "Hur, Joone" <Joone.hur@intel.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just checked if the CSS Round Display works well with existing CSS
specifications.

Hi Joone,

Thank you kindly for the feedback on the css-round-display. It's important
to align the css-round-display with the existing CSS specifications.

> * border-boundary with border-image
> We may apply the border-boundary and the border-image property together.
> In this case, do we need a round border image?
> How can we stretch the image around the round display?

I think it would be great idea to draw a border image along the round
display. There would be many use cases to decorate a border area on the
round display, and border-image would be a good solution for that purpose.
The border-image property syntax is a little complicated, so it needs
css-background-3 editor's opinions. I think border-image could be extend
like a "border-image-boundary: rect|round", but I'm not sure how it can be
defined strictly. We will add this use case to the css-round-display's use
cases sets where several meaningful use cases have been developing. It will
be open to the public soon.

> * polar-distance & polar-angle
> Can we set the origin of the polar-distance|angle property at any place
inside of round display?

The polar-origin property should be defined to specify a reference point for
the polar-distance and the polar-angle. On the containing block, this would
establish the origin of the polar coordinates, and the default value would
be a central point of the containing block. We plan to describe this later,
and Florian also mentioned this before on #24 [1]

 - hyojin

[1] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2015Apr/0399.html