Re: [css-text] Enhanced underline options

On 12/16/2014 08:17 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 5:05 PM, Bobby Mozumder <mozumder@futureclaw.com> wrote:
>> spacing-color would colorize the spacing from the baseline to the underline.
>
> Ah, *that's* what you mean by spacing!  In that case, the
> underline-spacing-width suggestion is already in the spec, via the
> text-decoration-position property.

Actually, text-decoration-position is really about which side of the
text the underline shows up on. (Needed for vertical text.)

There have been requests for control over the offset, though, so we
might add text-decoration-offset in the next level. I'm currently
thinking it should just take percentages, so that it scales with the
font size.

Likewise, text-decoration-width would need to be added; it's not in
L3.

~fantasai