Re: [css-ruby] ruby annotation with identical fragments

Le 22/01/2015 23:58, Xidorn Quan a écrit :
> On Sat, Jan 10, 2015 at 6:19 AM, Célian Veyssière <contact@celian.eu
> <mailto:contact@celian.eu>> wrote:
>

>     Is there something planned for automatic cutting fragments and to
>     hide identical hiragana to avoid this ?
>
>     <ruby>
>     </ruby>
>
>     Or it's only :
>
>     <ruby>
>     </ruby>
>

> We can only do the second. And in my opinion, it is better that you
> split them as much as possible, so that it can be styled more
> flexible. So, for your example, I think it is better to write:
>
> <ruby>
> </ruby>
>
> Note that <rbc> is not a valid html element, and <rtc> is also not
> necessary in your example. In addition, closing tags of <rb> and <rt>
> are not required. (If you prefer using XHTML, then your syntax is
> correct.)
>
>     Idem with hiragana and katakana. Is it possible to hide hiragana
>     of katakana ?
>
>     <ruby>
>     </ruby>
>
>     <ruby>
>     </ruby>
>

> In the current spec, it is not possible, because the autohide only
> happens when the text content is completely identical. In addition, I
> don't think we should autohide hiragana of katakana. It would further
> confuse authors.
>
> But you can always specify styles like "visibility: hidden" (maybe
> "font-size: 0" is better) to the annotation you want to hide. (Note
> that "display: none" won't work properly because the ruby layout
> relies on the display value)
>
> For this case, I would suggest the css-text spec to add hiragana and
> katakana to text-transform, and apply this property on the annotation.
> So, might be something like:
>
> <ruby>
> </ruby>
>
> I guess it probably makes more sense.
>
> - Xidorn

Okay, I understand...

I need to find a solution for the automatic processing for Japanese
firstname and lastname. I could never request to make a manual cutting
by users is too complicated due to the other languages (English,
Chinese, Korean...)

best regards